Drug and Alcohol Clinical Advisory Service
The Drug and Alcohol Clinical Advisory Service (DACAS) is a specialist telephone consultancy service that provides clinical advice on all issues relating to patient management of alcohol and other drug (AOD) use.
This service is provided by experienced addiction medicine specialists and is available at no charge to all health professionals in Western Australia including GPs, public and private hospital emergency physicians and other health professionals.
- Clinical advice on AOD patient management within a general practice or hospital setting.
- Management of withdrawal syndromes and intoxication. Appropriate substance detoxification advice.
- Management of medical, pain and psychiatric complications associated with AOD use.
- Drug interaction information relating to substances of abuse.
- Community treatment referral guidance.
The DACAS service provides expert advice to assist in the management of AOD clients. However, the responsibility for clinical decisions about a client's treatment rests with the treating medical team.
Call us on 6553 0520 or for further information visit mhc.wa.gov.au/DACAS