Did you attend the Compassionate Albany Charter Launch?
How to get involved:
- Go to a Death Cafe meeting https://deathcafe.com/profile/8083/
- Create and support artistic events that get people talking about death, dying, loss and bereavement
- Host events at your home, club or place of worship to support those who are experiencing loss, death and bereavement
- Start up a compassionate network to support someone you know that is having a difficult time
- Talk openly about your future care and wishes and complete your Advance Care Plan
- Offer to help someone find information online
- Volunteer with an organisation that supports people
- Stop and listen
Keep checking in with us, we are continuously updating the resources pages.
Find out more about Dr John Rosenberg and Public Health Palliative Care International https://phpci.info/contact
We would love to hear from you, feel free to ask questions on the Q&A page.
With Thanks to
• All our community members, representatives from clubs, sporting and faith groups, community and government agencies who participated in workshops. Your words, stories and aspirations are the charter and it is your continuing support and voice that will bring it to life within our community.
• Project Steering Group
• City of Albany community development team
• WAPHA Compassionate community staff
• Our friends and partners in the Compassionate community project; Albany Community Hospice, (Heather and Tony’s Story), Hawthorn House Alzheimer’s WA, Soroptimist International Albany, and Greenman,
• Albany Death Café and the Dying to Know network group