Mental Health & AOD Managers Group
The purpose of the PMHAODMG is to guide the scope and direction of collaborative activities and advocacy to address the needs of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Mental Health and AOD clients in the Pilbara region with a view to (i) improving access and frequency of services delivered to the region (ii) ensuring services that are delivered within the region meet the needs of the clients, are culturally secure and are not duplicated.
The PMHAODMG includes representatives of organisations with a strong commitment to working collaboratively to improve mental health and wellbeing outcomes of Pilbara people and their communities.
The PMHAODMG endorses and incorporates the following core values:
- The importance of population and primary health as well as access to tertiary care when needed to improve the health of the local population
- Primary health care principles- early intervention, access, equity, person centered care, health promotion; and, strong interagency partnerships
- The need to proactively work on implementing the priority recommendations identified in the Pilbara Aboriginal and non Aboriginal Mental Health & AOD Plan
- Encourage self-help strategies
- Encourage client, consumer and community voice
Secretariat: Donna Banks, WAPHA Regional Coordinator/Support Officer PH: 0439 318 497