Spirometry Training Course in the Wheatbelt - Northam
Spirometry Training Course
Brought to you by the National Asthma Council Australia as part of the Asthma Best Practice for Health Professionals Program
The Spirometry Training Course provides comprehensive training in the application, measurement and interpretation of expiratory spirometry in general practice. The interactive workshop includes hands-on components to allow participants to apply their new knowledge in a practical setting
This complimentary course is open to GPs and practice nurses.
Participants will be required to complete pre-reading.
There are limited places available for this course so register early. Final registrations by 9th August 2019.
- 24th August 2019 from 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Presenters: Sharon Lagan, Chief Respiratory Scientist, Royal Perth Bentley Group;
- Demonstrator: Adam Retterath
- Venue: Bilya Koort Boodja Centre, Minson Avenue, NORTHAM WA
- Cost: FREE- Please note that morning tea and lunch will be provided.
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the role of spirometry in primary care
• Develop practical skills to recognise and perform high quality spirometry
• Understand interpretation and clinical implications of spirometry results, including differential diagnosis
• Increase knowledge and awareness of the importance of spirometer quality assurance and its implementation
• Learn strategies to incorporate spirometry testing systematically into routine clinical practice
• Increase confidence in performing, understanding and implementing spirometry
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP): Allocated 40 Category 1 points in the QI&CPD Program for the 2017–2019 triennium, Activity Number: 95776.
Australia Collage of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM): Accredited by ACRRM as an educational event for 30 PRDP points. Activity code: 7813
APNA - Completion of this educational activity entitles eligible participants to claim up to 6 CPD hours
For further information please contact
Dianne Cox at WA Primary Health Alliance on 0448 335 746
To register for the event please click on the link - Spirometry Training Course
[img width="427" height="228" src="file:///C:/Temp/Dianne.Cox/8/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image012.jpg" v:shapes="Picture_x0020_11"> www.wapha.org.au